We have an array of leak detection equipment for different water leaks that are used at domestic and industrial properties:
- Sensistor with Gas : Is used to locate an underground leak. This method uses a gas made of 95% nitrogen and 5% hydrogen. Once the gas comes to the surface and the Sensistor picks up the smell, there is a high pitch noise. We find the highest pitch and mark it for the plumber.
- Acoustic / Listening equipment for walls and floors inside : Is used to locate leaks within a few tiles inside bathrooms and kitchens. The equipment is very sensitive and might not identify the leak if there are leaking toilets, dripping taps, etc.
- Moisture / Damp Meter : Are used when we see dampness on a wall. By measuring the moisture in the wall we will determine if there is a leaking or sweating pipe.
- Thermal Camera : Is used to look for a hot water leak in walls or floors. This equipment gives you an image of where the hot water pipes run and should there be a leak there will be a spread of the image in the particular area.
- Dye Testing : Is used to determine if a waste pipe is leaking or if it is the shower base, shower doors or sealant. This test does not always work as the dye might not come through the slab.
- Pipe Locator used to trace water pipes : Is used to determine where pipes are running. There are limitations as the equipment picks up the pipe via a radio signal, therefore :
- It can only trace metal pipes
- If the pipe is too corroded then the signal will get lost
- If the pipe is a mixture of metal and plastic, then it won’t be able to trace the pipe.